Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Shaking Off the Dust

Well, it's been more than a little while since I last posted so I guess something new is in order.

A lot has happened since my inaugural post, so perhaps a brief update is in order.

I'm getting to experience the joys of the times by finding work hard to come by. However, God has been good and my need thus far are being met and my cat and I continue and will continue to have a roof over our heads by His grace. I can thank the input of friends as well in regards to how to go about stretching out my dollars, dimes & pennies. Hopefully I will be wise with their counsel.

I'm completing a section of studies and...wow. It still boggles my mind how there are times when teachers want you to write only so much about something that you could easily write more than that on (and *not* have it be space-sucking drivel!), while others want you to write more about things which in all honesty don't require that much length..and use their books in the process. Thankfully once again I have the counsel of friends and others who've been where I'm at as a guide for the best route to go about doing what I need to do. However, there's a new challenge - though an exciting one.

I've been accepted to start a Graduate program which upon its completion will greatly enhance my hireability in a field that I very much so love. The delimna is do I drop the former program all ready in progress and focus exlusively on the new one, or do I see about doing both at the same time? Decisions, decisions! On paper the latter is quite possible. The reality, as I've come to learn painfully at times can be very very different. Will have to pray & ponder on this one a smidge more.

I'm also entering a new....point? It seems that the amount of stuff I know is starting to get me into trouble. Can I be faulted for loving to read and having an insatiable desire to better know and understand my Beliefs? It gets tricky especially when no matter how politely or respectfully I phrase what I do...others take it as being 'disparitive' when it comes to discussing them. Thing is...are we so caught up in not wanting to hurt others' feelings that we're wont to let them know that they're on a misguided path? What kind of friend would let another walk along a path that will ultimately lead to a very painful destruction for fear of seeming 'disparitive'? The challenge for me isn't that I'm a bull in a china shop when it comes to discussing things. Rather, I'm limited by a purely verbal environment where the smiles and winks that give assurance of good-will are easily missed by others and there-in lies the challenge. Add on top of that the fact that there's enough relativism whirling about to permit many to hold to beliefs that have been deemed for many centuries as being heretical in a day and age where to be 'educated' means that you are willing to let others construct their own reality as you go about constructing your own - just don't tell anyone that their hottub is on someone else's roof. Nice idea, but again...the reality doesn't gel.

It gets interesting being a missionary of sorts to one's own 'tribe'. I just need to remember the words of the one who wrote to do what I do with dignity & respect. Not to mention having a good sense of humor doesn't hurt either.

No comments: