To those who have stumbled upon this blog only to find nothing new - this time your search is not in vain!
Last week I completed my first semester in graduate school to go about becoming by God's grace a "highly qualified" Educator according to NCLB. It was full of challenges along with joys and triumphs. I got to learn that Graduate School round 2 is proving to be nothing like Graduate School round 1, where with round 1 I learned by the end of my first semester whom I could trust, whom I couldn't, and pray I don't say the wrong thing to the wrong prof who can make my time as a graduate student drag on in torturous ways. Rather, I've found it's ok for me to express myself (so long as it's respectfully done) and everyone is supportive of one another because we all have the same goal in mind: To soak in as much as we can in our classes so as to go out there and be the best educators we can be (whether by God's grace or not - depending on the Faith or the lack thereof of some of my classmates). In light of the fact that we're going into a profession that is held in high regard yet also highly criticized (rightly or wrongly), we're all aware we're going to need a support system in place as well and now is the time to go about fostering those friendships that will build that support system. I consider myself blessed by each person in that support system. Some I will have in classes again next semester, others it will take effort to meet up to hang out but the effort will be worth it.
Additionally in light of some more recent events that I won't bore you with here I'll be posting more frequently so as to allow myself a space to express my thoughts in an effort to learn from those who happen upon my blog and leave their comments. It may be on things that are quite random (but not boring - that is my prayer!), to what I'm learning in school, to aspects of Faith; ranging from my own very much in-process to things I've been reading about and found enlightening and had to share as there's no way I could have said it better, to my thoughts on what's going on in our post-Christian world.
And gee, all of this starting the week before Nativity! It should be interesting, and to those of you who have kept a candle burning for my return - I pray by God's grace your wait will not have been in vain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment