Well, when I said I was clearing off the cobwebs, I meant it!
As I was doing my daily perusal of the blogs that I keep up with, Anastasia (http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/) posted a marvelous idea on her blog today.
She raised the practice of how immigrant communities would help out recent immigrants of their 'tribe' by providing the new arrival with some form of work until that immigrant was able to either find another job or get enough training to open their own place in the same line of work/business. In light of the fact that we are in tough times and they aren't getting any better, her suggestion is a marvelous one: For those of us in our individual parishes to keep an eye and ear out for those among us who may be out of work and those who are able to to provide work or at least leads for work. Or if there's someone that is known by a parishioner that is in need of work letting a fellow parishioner that could help out with providing work. Not only would this help out in our own parish communities, but not to mention is a means by which to spread the Gospel to those who are currently outside of the Church.
So with my meager blog I'm going to do my part in helping start a movement. If you stumble upon this, could you also help out? Whether it's by doing what Anastasia has suggested if you're blessed to be in a position to do so, or you are like me and the best you can do is spread the word. Either way I believe this can be a marvelous way to be a blessing in difficult times such as this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment